All during this busy week I have been trying to make time to tell everyone that Robbie over at A Spiritual Connection thinks I have "An Honest Scrap." Look right over there to the right This is awesome! Caramel Diva tagged her. Before I pass on the rules I will go ahead and tell you that I have altered the rules just a little. I had more than ten things to share so some numbers have parts A and B. I just couldn't resist. I'm in a sharing mood today. So here are the rules
You have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Then you have to tag ten people with the award. Finally, let all the people you've given the award know they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). Don't forget to link back to the person who awarded you.
1. I love to travel. Well, I don't enjoy the traveling or the getting there, but I do really LOVE going to new places. Once all the kids leave the nest, I plan to burn the road up!
2. When alone in the house or car, I keep everything quiet. No radio, no TV, no iPod, no whining ceiling fan, no nothing. Just beautiful....silence.
3. a) I am extremely shy in person. I have to make an effort to make sure face to face conversation aren't weird or strained. I can write 10 page emails (ask my hubby), chat online all day (Am I lying Kim?), but have only have 3 whole sentences to put together in person.
b) My mother tells me, from infancy, I did not like to be touched or bothered. I was the only baby who preferred to sit in my infant seat unbothered to being held. I think this was a sign of my independence from the beginning.
4. a) Until this year I didn't talk on the phone. (My middle sister is a talker who refused to stop calling me!) So phone conversation has kinda grown on me now, I actually went way over my cell minutes last month.
b) Don't test this. There are still those days that I don't answer the phone. I can go over my personal "talk limit" very easily.
5. For me sound and sight are very closely related. Sometimes clutter and the filling up of every available piece of space can get to be what I refer to as "visually noisy." Other times too much noise feels cluttered. Everything and sound needs an appointed time or place. I'm a simple type of girl. (Jeneen, don't say a word! This is not a disorder than can be given an abbreviated title. No GTM, OCD, or ADHD!)
6. I have become addicted to looking at people's photos on facebook, and blogs. There is something so fascinating about being able to read and see other people's lives without having to talk much, and its at MY convenience! It's great!
7. I have a great little circle of friends with my hubby and sisters being some of my favs. It takes quite a bit for me to let people in but once they are in, we're friends through thick or thin. I forgive and get over things as easily as I get worked up into a fuss.
8. I want to publish many books.....fun stories for children, a collection of nuggets for sons and daughters from a mom's perspective, a devotional for wives, and the list goes own. One day I will be an award winning author. You'll see my name on books everywhere!
9. My favorite foods are plain cheesecake, french fries, pastas, rice, and spinach.
10. Seafood hasn't crossed my lips in more than 25 years. I hate the way most seafood looks like the animal. I could absolutely live without all meats. For years if I had to clean it, I wouldn't eat it.
So now to those wonderful bloggers I tagged. I hope you will visit, and leave them a comment. I'm sure they love comments just as much as I do!
2. Dry As Toast
3. Future Mama
10. Divas Can Cook