Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Big Girl's Slumber Party

This weekend I had the opportunity to experience something completely new, to me. My wonderful cousin decided to host a Girl's Weekend. My little ladies later renamed it to the"Big Girl's Slumber Party." Quite simply she invited a bunch of her female family and friends to her house for the weekend. We were invited to stay the day or the weekend. I felt as though I had been taken back into a time of no worries. From the moment I hit the door the smell of wonderful, deliciously, fattening foods intruded my nostrils, and the sounds of our favorite old school jams blarring through the house speakers all day. From Wii games, and air hockey, to the internet, chit chat, digital cameras flashing everywhere, the excellent Body Magic presentation, the surprise visit of the purse lady (and yes I'm lovin' my new hand bag), and a delicious brunch on Sun, the weekend was jammed pack with fun. Oh wait, how could I forget the awesome 30 min. massages. We ate, we laughed, we danced, we talked. And surprisingly things don't change. Just as little ladies stay up all night, talking, dancing, and giggling, guess what, so do older ladies! The main difference was is adults we have the freedom to come and go, and do as we please, so we were able to take the party on the road for added fun. I enjoyed laughter with my sister and cousin who I've known all my life and the opportunity to meet many new women. Whoever said women were "catty" and couldn't get along, has never met these ladies. I had planned to stay all night but around 3ish in the morning I decided the thought of sleeping next to my hubby's warm body was too much to bear. I drove home for the remainder of my sleep and joined the ladies in the morning. Yeah, I know I'm punkish, but forgive me for loving my hubby. Sleep is so much better beside him. Regardless, this "Big Girl's Slumber Party" is a must do from now on. I'm already looking forward to the next shindig. Great Job on the planning Fee!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a blast! I so need to plan one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You summed it up and put it into words I could never describe. We really had a blast, true that, true that. A time for us women to relax, laugh, eat, enjoy, laugh, reminise and just do nothing if we chose to do so. Everyone got along so well, there was no drama and for someone outside looking in it would have been hard for them to believe that a lot of these women didn't even know each other until this gathering. As one of my neighbors stated on the photo album, "Fee, you are always doing or planning something fun". That is so true, life is too short. Let's live, love and enjoy all that we can while we are here. I feel that a lot of times we can't control the misfortunate times that come in our life but we can control the good times. Sometimes it is as simple as calling some friends and getting together just to talk, just to laugh, just to enjoy. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

    I am so happy that you were able to attend. The devil almost stepped in and prevented you from coming but I am glad that God prevailed! Also, don't forget about that wonderful massage!!

    Love Ya Cuz,
    Don't Let This Be the Last Time, :-)
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I forget the massage? I'm going back to add that in. That was the best part, well after the good food. You know a sister loves to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Comment Love!