Monday, January 11, 2010

Choice or destiny?

Life is choice driven, not destiny driven......I choose to take hold of my life and future. I choose to succeed. I choose to be happy. I choose to soar. I choose to overcome. I choose to love. I determine what I shall have. When I decide to leave things to destiny, I am no longer an active participant in the direction of my future. I shuck all responsibility for my mistakes and failures but I also release the power to create my successes. No matter what happened yesterday or what happens today, I choose to be happy. I can't always choose what situations will arise or what things I may endure, but I can always choose how I will react to them. I choose to remain sane and enjoy everyday of life that I am blessed with. I choose to go after all of my dreams until they become a reality. In a world and life of so many choices, I will not use destiny as a reason to sit by waiting for things to happen or come to me, I think I will do just as the good book says.........I will fill my mind with thoughts of the future I choose. I will speak life. I choose Life!

4 comments:

  1. Just Powerful!
    Kim B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it love! I'm totally down with that... you can blame all you want, but (most of the) shit in your life is totally your own doing... decided by your choices and your reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post for the new year!!!

    ~WM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me think of the passage of scripture where it says, "...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." Deuteronomy 30:19

    May God direct your choices and lead you into a closer walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Comment Love!