Friday, June 26, 2009

Random Ramblings

As promised, I am going to post pictures of our wonderful couple of days at the beach, in a minute. I have so many random thoughts floating through my head that I must put them down.

*First of all I am torn up about the death of MJ. I won't say much more but I am enjoying watching my kids dance to his videos. I would have never guessed that I would be sitting here watching my kids get excited over the same songs that I enjoyed 25 years ago.

*I wonder how much damage I would do if I just took my kitchen chairs out to the deck and hosed them down. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how these chairs have accumulated sooo much food and debris, I mean I wipe them down at least once a.....I almost typed week but I wouldn't tell you, my bloggy friends, untruth, besides you are probably the only ones in the world that understand how busy I am and the food that clings to the chairs just doesn't cross my mind until I plop down in a chair that is so sticky it makes me feel like I need a bath.

*If I cleaned up last week, why must I clean up again this week? How does stuff collect in rooms that no one uses? And why do we have such an over-abundance of misc. paper in our house? Who brings all of this stuff into our house and can I require them to take it back?

*Is it child/hubby neglect if I veg-out in front of the TV, with a blanket, a good book, and my laptop for blog reading for a couple of hours?

*Must I keep every piece of paper, crayon drawing, art and craft project that all 3 of my schoolers brought home the last week of school?

*Is it Friday already?

*Oh, I almost forgot. I have lost 5.2lbs. over the first 2 weeks of my diet. Who knew that pushing back from the table and becoming more active would really work?




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. No luck here. No will power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best move for cleaning "hard to clean" things (aka baby chairs, rugs, car seats) is taking them outside and shaking 'em. I'm always amazed and how much yuck can be gotten rid of with a good shake. The hose probably wouldn't hurt either, but start with the shake!

    Looks like the vacation was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good for you, losing over 5 lbs in two weeks. As for keeping every scrap of paper your children bring home from school - ugg - I did for years and finally the kids and I went through and chose the keepers and threw the rest. One mother's trick is to take a notebook or backpack from that year and have the children keep whatever papers they wanted in the backpack. We want to be good moms and not hurt our child's feelings, but keeping everything is almost impossible!
    Cheers,
    DeAnna
    Write Moms

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Comment Love!