Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday's Word of the Day

Every parent has memory of words that their little one "created."  My little ones are notorious for mis-pronouncing words and creating their own.  Today I would like to feature one of those famous words.

snish - the fluids that fly out of a toddler mouth when they sneeze and do not cover their     mouth;  combination of sneeze and spish (spit); created by Little Miss SaySay (Sarah, age 2); used to describe what happened when her twin brother sneezed on her hand; used in a sentence:  "Mama, I need to wash DrewDrew's snish off my hand."


What are some of your little one's word creations?  

7 comments:

  1. Love "snish!" That's classic. My daughter makes up, or more like messes up, words all the time. She said "lellow" instead of yellow forever and she calls Hannah Montana "Momtama."

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, snish. I love it! When my oldest was younger she called french fries wry wrys. Stopping by from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think snish is a great word! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. My daughter always messed up her name. Hi from the SITStahood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At 3 1/2, our son was obcessed with Taco-diles (crocodiles) and "Sweebas" (Zebras). Another fav was "Applepusses" (Octopus) and Wizzers (lizards)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. following from mbc. stop by luckyjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my cousin was 5, he is now 28. He called the windsheild wipers on my moms car, wipeshapers. I thought that was funny.

    Kim B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Comment Love!